Re: Notification popup timeout

On Tuesday 28 February 2023 06:28:57 pm Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> Where is the notification popup timeout stored?
>
> I have several cron jobs that have been running for years with
> notify-send --expire-time=0. The popups remain active until explicitly
> acknowledged, but in TDE the popups timeout at about 6 to 7 seconds and
> close.
>
> Does TDE ignore notify-send timeout parameters?
>
> Is there a preferred way to create persistent notifications in TDE?

I'm not sure TDE has a notify-send?  Or at least mine is installed form
Debian...

michael@local [~]# which notify-send
/usr/bin/notify-send
michael@local [~]# ll /opt/trinity/bin/not*
ls: cannot access '/opt/trinity/bin/not*': No such file or directory
michael@local [~]# aptitude show notify-send
E: Unable to locate package notify-send
michael@local [~]# dpkg -S /usr/bin/notify-send
libnotify-bin: /usr/bin/notify-send
michael@local [~]# aptitude show libnotify-bin
Package: libnotify-bin
Version: 0.7.7-4
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
 A library that sends desktop notifications to a notification daemon, as
defined in the Desktop Notifications spec. These
 notifications can be used to inform the user about an event or display some
form of information without getting in the user's way.

 This package contains the binary which sends the notification.
Tags: interface::commandline, role::program, scope::utility