Re: Enabling Num Lock on Login Screen

On 2/24/23 3:13 PM, artsmelly--- via tde-users wrote:
Hello,
I'm used to writing my password on the numpad, but it's always locked when I open the computer. I tried enabling the numlock from trinity control center, but it's only enabling it after logging in.

Is there a way to enable it on the login screen? If not, it would be great to see something like this in the settings.

The TCC Peripherals-->Keyboard check box applies to the user session after logging in. To enable NumLock before logging in requires support in the login manager or if using startx, something like NumLockX or an init script using /usr/bin/setleds.

TDM supports enabling NumLock but might require manually editing the /etc tdmrc file with NumLock=On.

I hope that helps!