Re: TCC Device Manager

On 2/2/23 3:26 AM, Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
Can we get more informations? Distributions used? Type of machines?

R14.0.12
Slackware 14.2 32-bit and 64-bit
Slackware 15.0 64-bit

I have R14.0.12 installed in Slackware 14.1 32-bit (really!). Those systems are single core with less than 1 GB of RAM. I lack the patience to test the device manager on such systems :-)

One of the test systems is a Lenovo T400 laptop with a dual core P8400, 4GB of RAM, i915 video. I can run Slackware 15.0 64-bit, 14.2 64-bit, or 14.2 32-bit. TDE is lightning fast in all three.

I have R14.0.12 installed in Slackware 15.0 on my office system that is a 4-core Skylake with 16 GB of RAM and i915 video. That is a test partition. I don't test that partition as often because that is my primary production computer.

I have a couple of AMD dual core test systems but I haven't checked DM on them.

The TCC Device Manager just lags like an old dog on a hot summer day. The desktop does not halt but doing anything while the DM twiddles is futile. Eventually I can mouse click on something else and everything returns to normal.

As mentioned, the .xsession-errors log is filled with [FIXME] UNCLASSIFIED DEVICE spew.

Any other information I can provide? An strace dump is about 12MB but I'm horrible at evaluating strace dumps.