Abrupt virtual desktop switching

Hi All,

I use two virtual desktops. The majority of usage is with the first desktop. Occasionally any simple mouse pointer movement on the first desktop throws the focus into virtual desktop 2. The mouse is nowhere near the panel workspace switcher/pager.

No data but the abrupt switch seems to occur after the desktop has been idle for a while. Screen saver is set to 10 minutes blank screen.

The panel workspace switcher/pager applet scroll wheel cycling is disabled and I am certain I am not touching the scroll wheel or mouse buttons.

I tried different mice.

I tried different mouse pointers and currently use the System theme option until finding the root cause.

Desktop-->Behavior-->Mouse Button Actions are configured to No Action/No Action/Desktop Menu.

Desktop-->Taskbar-->Actions: Show Task List/Activate Task/Show Operations Menu.

Desktop-->Panels-->Appearance-->Advanced Options: Applet Handles configured to Visible, Fade out, or Hide makes no difference

Any insight or help appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

D.A