Re: where is lock session log in as a different user

Are you using a display manager other than tdm?  On some machines I use
lightdm, and the option to switch users without logging out is not available.

Nope, I use purely TDE. The option is in the kicker menu, so the dm in use should not matter. The menu of the session could though, in case you are not running a TDE session but using TDE program inside a different session :-)

Cheers
  Michele