can one auto-fit image previews in konqueror?

One of the very few things I find annoying about konqueror in TDE is that, when using it as a file manager, if I click on an image file (a .png, for example), the preview it shows me is not correctly sized to the visible pane. Rather, it seems to be displayed, always, at full size... which means that most of the time it doesn't actually fit in the pane and I can see only a portion of the image.

I don't think there's any way to change this behaviour, but I thought I'd better ask here before filing a feature request. So, is there some way to change this behaviour so that the image is scaled correctly so that it always fits in the pane?

(Fitting images to the pane is the way the konqueror works in plasma5, for example -- although "modern" konqueror has so many other annoyances that I find it unusable; but the "automatic-fit-images-to-the-pane" behaviour is a great improvement on the TDE behaviour described above.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans