Re: Using Python3 for Superkaramba

Slávek Banko wrote on 9/22/22 11:42:
Hi all,

we would like to inform you that the DEB packages for Superkaramba in PSB
and PTB repositories have been updated to use Python3 instead of Python2.
Please, if you are using Superkaramba and using PSB or PTB, please test
that the sensors work with Python3 as they did with Python2. If you
experience problems, please report it.

I'm unsure what PSB and PTB mean, but I can report that as of an update to a debian stable system earlier this week, one (just one) of my superkaramba themes is crashing on startup. It's been used for probably more than a decade (in fact, it's so old that I can't remember how it all works :-) )

In fact, Superkaramba has been so stable for so long that I forget how all the various .theme and .py files interact.

I do see at least one *.py file that begins with
   #!/usr/bin/env superkaramba
and contains a python2 print statement. Commenting out the print statement doesn't seem to change anything, though.

Where do I go to provide details?

   Doc Evans

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans