Re: kpdf does not show some fonts

On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:13:58 +0200
"Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> Maybe somebody can reproduce this: opening the attached pdf in kpdf only shows the formulas, but not the text. Opening the same pdf in xpdf works flawless.
>
> kpdf-trinity 4:14.1.0~s218-0debian12.0.0+13~b1

I have text in kpdf (Gentoo).

Checking the properties of the file, I wonder if your issue is that it couldn't
find an acceptable substitute font on your system.  On mine, it seems to be
pulling in Times New Roman from the Microsoft corefonts package
as a substitute for the Mac-typical Times font.  I suspect Debian wouldn't
make the MS fonts available in its main repository due to the license.

xpdf may just be less picky about font substitutions.

E. Liddell