Re: Trouble Installing TDE in Devuan Chimaera

On Tue September 13 2022 20:36:44 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> and I had left out the first one.  After adding it, once again I'm getting
> the '...is not valid...' messages.  I tried installing ntpdate-deb??n, but
> both spellings fail with 'Unable to locate package ntpdate-deb??n'

The package you need is just "ntp" so "apt-get install ntp".

> 	On the other hand, apt-get install tde-trinity is proceeding without
> errors, with the side effect of loading many packages from
> http://deb.devuan.org/merged apparently without problems; so perhaps this
> clock thing is actually a problem with the repository server?

It's "random" in that it depends on whether your PC's erroneous clock lies
within the validity window of the validation criteria.  "ntp" - maybe after
ten or twenty minutes depending how bad it is - will adjust your clock.  You
don't need to run any commands.  It starts working upon installation and
after every reboot.

--Mike