Re: gvim with GTK3 in OpenSUSE 15.3

Hi Gianluca,

On Thu, Sep  8, 2022 at 20:31 (-0700), Gianluca Interlandi wrote:

>> are you able to attach the actual dvi file (or one showing that
>> problem, alo)?  Or, if you want to send it directly to me, that is fine
>> too.  I am curious as to what the issue is.

> I will send it to you separately.

Got it, see below.

On Thu, Sep  8, 2022 at 20:44 (-0700), Gianluca Interlandi wrote:

> I attach here the .tex, .dvi, .pdf files along with the EPS graphics. You
> need to have the EPS file in the same firectory as the .dvi file. The .pdf
> shows the full page with the figure. When I open the .dvi in an older
> OpenSUSE (<=13.2) distribution, then the figure appears. But in OpenSUSE
> 15.3 the figure is not there but the text is.

It worked fine for me.

I am using Slackware64 15.0.  However, rather than using Slackware's
TeX packages, I just install texlive and get it over with.

Are you using texlive, or OpenSUSE's TeX packages?  And, in either
case, if you copy xdvi from a working system and try it out on your
system, does it work?

You might consider submitting a bug report to the OpenSUSE people
(assuming you are using their package, and not texlive).

                                Jim