gvim with GTK3 in OpenSUSE 15.3

Hi TDE users list!

This may be a bit off-topic to TDE but still related to new libraries. I noticed that in OpenSUSE 15.3 gvim is compiled against GTK3. Interestingly, this makes it very slow. At first, when I'm editing a document it works fine, but then after a while it gets so slow that I need to close it and restart it. Has anybody else had the same issue and knows a workaround?

An alternative is to install an older version of gvim that was compiled against GTK2 from an older OpenSUSE distribution. Has anybody tried anything similar?

It is hard to find an alternative text editor that has instant spell check. Any ideas? I use it mostly for LaTeX.

Thanks!

     Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.