Re: Using DigiKam with a Samsung Tablet

Quoting J Leslie Turriff <jlturriff@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
Does anyone here know how to use DigiKam to download images from a Samsung tablet? After plugging the tablet in via USB cable, the removable media tool pops up with two options: Open in New Window, and Open DigiKam. Selecting Open in New Window does nothing;

I do "Open in New Window".  It opens in konqueror.
Make sure in the tablet that it connects as "Mass Storage".
I navigate to the device's image folder (or wherever I intend; such
as to a text file.)  Then I copy (`cp`)  (usually move (`mv`) is not
permitted) to wherever I want on my workstation.

DigiKam is selected, I get its main window, but no files are displayed

I don't use digikam, but isn't its intended use for _camera_ input?

and there seems
to be no way to navigate the tablets file system.
	Suggestions are welcome.

I seem to be able to navigate whilst in konqueror.

What does .../syslog , or .../messages, or `dmesg` show you?

Disclosure: My tablet is a Samsung - albeit several years old.
And my Ubuntu is very old, but Trinity is very current.

Not much help, sorry.
Jonesy