Re: Kmail and Gmail Troubles

> You may have hit on a good idea.
> Would it be possible for trinity to create it's own email service for it's users?

As much as I like such an idea, it would be too much hassle to manage. I don't think the project has such resources (except if somebody else made such a service). Even the developers use their own e-mail addresses. Still, you could try your luck and discuss this with Slávek.

Getting away from GMail is something a lot of people want, but we have only so many choices. We have Proton and Tutanota which don't offer IMAP/SMTP by default, a couple other free mail services of dubious trustworthiness and then we have paid services.

This is a topic that interests me, but it's a little off-topic for this mailing list.

Meanwhile, I'm not against OAuth as such, because it has its uses (e.g. SSO), but Google's step to prohibit passwords is just sadistic. One can use Thunderbird or SeaMonkey for OAuth support (I personally still use Interlink).

I hope that OAuth support will be added at some point to KMail (along with a quicker and more intuitive account setup procedure, but that's a rant for another time).

--
Philippe