Re: [OT] Need help installing Ubuntu on an EFI (not UEFI) machine

Anno domini 2022 Tue, 31 May 19:41:56 -0500
 J Leslie Turriff scripsit:
> [...]
> 	I have just one PC and one ancient Mac.  This is my first time trying multiboot.  I can
> get as far as the partitioning step in Ubuntu install, but I want separate /opt
> and /usr/local partitions, so I can't just use the default single partition install.  The
> installer says I need

You can go with one partition for everything. When your system is up and running: boot a live linux, shrink / to free space and add partitions - either by using the live system or booting your OS and then create some partitions. Move stuff over, add the entries in /ets/fstab and be happy :)

Nik