Re: video sound not working

On Sun, 8 May 2022 02:39:14 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 May 2022 01:45:01 Nick Koretsky wrote:
>
> > OK. ALC257 doesnt have hardware mixer. This means you have to set dmix
> > as default output, and use it in alsa-sink line in pulse config.
>
> Just to make sure I am correct:
>
> The lines from /etc/pulse/default.pa are
> load-module module-alsa-sink device=dmixplug
> load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
> Is that right?

According to aplay output you dont have dmixplug defined (there is no
default names for alsa software mixer, this is something you either setup
youself in asound.conf or distro may define some).
Looking at your output, you should probably use dmix:1,0 or plughw:1,0 (try
both)
Also, asla-source probably should be plughw:1,0

But you also need to set dmix:1,0 or plughw:1,0 (same one you set for
pulse to use) as default output for alsa by adding this to /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix:1,0"
}

you can test with aplay -D device-name somewavfile.wav that its is correct
device and it actually work

> Also, at the end of that same config file I see these lines:
> ### Make some devices default
> #set-default-sink output
> #set-default-source input
> Maybe uncomment one or both?

This shouldnt matter. With this setting pulse will see only 1 audio device
and use it as default

--
  Nick Koretsky (nick.koretsky@xxxxxxxxx)