Re: kmail "use this email address for answers" broken?

On Thursday 14 April 2022 13:05:16 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just noticed: When I "reply to list", then kmail does not use the email
> address I specified to be used for answers in this folder. Does that happen
> to other's, too? My kmail is version 4:14.1.0~s274-0debian12.0.0+10~a, I am
> quite sure it worked on 14.0.1.
>
> Nik

I created templates, and tried to create one specifically for the TDE users
mailing list, which usually works okay.

In this case, when I hit "reply", my "To" address reads:
TDE Users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

But sometimes, when I see replies to other people, or other people's replies
to me, it will have both the TDE users address, and my own personal email
(which I would prefer *not* to be so).

Not that I mind anybody here having my address, but I don't like unknown
entities "out there" harvesting my email address along with others. That's
how one gets marked as a spammer in the first place: somebody gets our
addresses, then uses it for spam. Of course, they would have to compromise
those accounts, and maybe a really good password, encryption, and all that
stuff will help; but I have got spammed from people that I know very well,
and they had no idea that their account was being misused by somebody else
for spam. So it is possible that emails get sent out using our email
addresses, and it has nothing to do with what we ourselves do.

Bill