Re: smtp sending failed

On Wed April 13 2022 10:51:04 ajh-valmer wrote:
> Since some days, when I send an email,
> I receive immediately this message above :
> ========
> Unable to send message:
> Sending the message failed because the server rejected the following
> recipients: (The server replied: "5.7.1 <martine@xxxxxxxxx>: Relay access
> denied") The message will remain in your Outbox folder until the issue is
> corrected (e.g. an invalid address) or move it to another folder.
> The following transport protocol was used: bbox"
> ========
> regardless of the smtp server, yahoo, gmail, free...
> Others smtp server indicates that my mail is a spam,
> no, it's a normal private mail.

The error message is from the SMTP server, not kmail.

Normally it would indicate that either you're trying to use
an SMTP server that you're not authorised to use or else
you're trying to use an SMTP server that you're authorised
to use but without authenticating (logging in).

However some SMTP servers use this error to indicate that
either you or your message is spammy and so they're declining
to relay for you on spam grounds.

If your mail to this list was sent through the same SMTP server
it suggests that the reason for relay being denied relates to
the content of your message or its intended recipient rather
than your email address or IP address.

--Mike