Re: Modify a remote file

On Tuesday 22 March 2022 16:27:15 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sun March 20 2022 14:53:47 ajh-valmer wrote:
> > When I modify a remote PHP file on my server,
> > it is modified directly on the server.
> > If the file is a TXT, JSP file, no, it is dowloaded on my computer,
> > under a tmp folder, and I have to upload it to the server.
> > Why ?

> > Hi André,
> Could this be a permissions issue, either on the PHP file
> itself or on a directory?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your answer.

All the folders have the same rights :
rwxrwxr--  1 www-data www-data /var/www/<files>

> Also IIRC you can't write to an EXE that's currently being
> executed and I'm wondering if there's any similar logic
> protecting scripts.  Are the PHP files open on the server
> when this is happening?  Does it make a difference if the
> web server application - Apache or whatever - is shut down?
> Mike

For me, a .exe file is for Windows :-)
And how to create this binary file ?
I don't think that the problem comes from the Web server Apache,
closed or opened.
Why the .php files can be modified directly in their folder /var/www/
and the .txt .jsp files, not.
This problem will find an issue in the TDE Menu -> TDE components
-> Files Associations, but how ?

Cheers,
André