Resend: Ubuntu 20.04 and problems with konqueror: copy and paste files to a USB stick does not work

Sorry for possible double posting but that message got rejected somehow, it seems:

Hi

A friend of mine has Ubuntu 20.04 running (the installation is a year
old and so is the corresponding trinity version, if necessary I can
provide the precise version).

In any case my friend has problem of copying files to USB sticks using
konqeror. (The copying works from the command line, most sticks have
vfat.), by problem with copying I mean the following.

In konqueror: The file is marked to be copied, then the USB stick is
opened, but the menu entry for pasting is in grey and cannot be used.

I had a look at it and found out that deleting the cache helped, but it
seems only for a while.

Is there any alternative to konqueror available?

Nautilus works, but is very very ugly and not that intuitive.

Regards

Uwe Brauer