Re: Kontact

c. marlow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering, is Kontact the same thing as KMAIL?
>
> If so, I would rather have a newer version of KMAIL that comes with the
> Kontact flatpak than the version that comes with TDE.

I'll tell you a story. When we were students we went to a pizza place where
they served at noon time pizzas in promotion (reduced price) 5,50 the
piece.
A friend was looking at the menu and started asking about some exotic pizzas
with pineapple etc. The waiter looked at him and said: "Look man, I don't
have your dreams. I have what is in the menu!"

I think the same answer applies to your question.

1. you have to distinguish KDE from TDE (the difference is that TDE packages
have -trinity appended to them). So kontact is not the same as
kontact-trinity and kmail is not the same as kmail-trinity. Trinity is the
continuation of KDE3.
2. kontact is an application where you can drive multiple applications like
organizer, mailer, etc. So it is not the same as kmail
3. you can not mix up KDE and TDE and I am not aware of flatpak for TDE so
assuming you are reffering KDE flatpaks ... see above. We have only what is
in the menu.