Re: File Manager

On Wed January 19 2022 17:37:09 Slávek Banko wrote:
> >  I just purged LXQT from my system and rebooted and edited that file
> > again, saved it, and then logged out and back in and the file
> > repopulated itself.
>
> Yes, the standard XDG folders are created automatically - see TCC / System
> Administration / Paths.

Hi Chris,

~/.config/user-dirs.dirs can also be managed by xdg-user-dirs-update
which is in package xdg-user-dirs which is required or recommended by
a lot of desktop environments.

TDE recommends it but does not require it, so if you have it installed
but don't need it you can purge it.

Meanwhile if you really don't want a ~/Videos or whatever it is usual
to set that path to your home directory which always exists.

--Mike