Re: File Manager

On Wednesday 19 January 2022 05:13:31 pm c. marlow wrote:
> > edit  ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs
> >
> > don't know if this helps, I've never had this.
>
> I edited that file.... Logged off and logged back in and IT REPOPULATED
> ITSELF :(
>
> I even #'s the lines and it still reverted back.
>
> There's got to be a way to delete those folders!
>
> There's no way I could nuke and pave and install a minimal XFCE session due
> to I use the MINI ISO with Non Free codecs and drivers. Plus, I am stuck on
> a sat dish connection and downloading ISO's eats A LOT of data.

I'm not sure what package PCMANFM comes from, but find it and remove it....
(the package)

Some random Debian examples, re-write for you use, use man to understand how
they work:

$ which pcmanfm
$ apt-cache search PCMANFM
$ aptitude search '~drout(e|ing)' // route or routing in their description
$ apt-cache --full search samba

You can use dpkg command to find out which package owns a file:
-S, --search filename-search-pattern...
                  Search for a filename from installed packages.
Example:
$ dpkg -S /bin/ls
coreutils: /bin/ls

Then:
$ apt-get purge {package names}
e.g.
$ apt-get purge samba samba-common python-samba samba-libs