Re: A question about the different versions.

On Wednesday 19 January 2022 09:18:02 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2022 Wed, 19 Jan 09:05:09 -0600
>
>  c. marlow scripsit:
> > About my reply about how Claws looks bad in TDE
> >
> > I do see a way to export emails that are in folders in Claws to the
> > MBOX Format by going to FILE > EXPORT TO MBOX
> >
> > I wonder if doing that would work, to where I could try out KMAIL?
> >
> > Doesn't KMAIL use the MBOX format like thunderbird?
>
> I'd suggest you use MAILDIR (one file for every mail), not MBOX (one big
> file for all).
>
> Claws has MAILDIR++, IMO it should be compatible with KMAIL - but I never
> tried. So better make a copy :)
>
> Nik

Oh great, I've already imported my emails into KMAIL!

But I don't see a way to import the emails into KMAIL as MAIL DIR ( where the
emails are individual files?'

CLAWS only gave me the option to export as MBOX.

Is there a way to change KMAIL to use MAILDIR instead of MBOX? Or will I have
to export all of my email out of KMAIL, delete all of the folders and do all
of this over again?

Thanks,
Chris