Re: Reply to Author doesn't work with the attached email

On 2022-01-11 15:55:39 Mike Bird wrote:
> On Tue January 11 2022 13:14:28 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> > 	Can anyone explain why using Kmail's "Reply to Author" sends the reply
> > to its mailing list instead?  (I'm guessing it's a "feature" of the
> > mailing list software.)
>
> Hi Leslie,
>
> The embedded email has a "Reply-To: rexxla-members@xxxxxxxxx"
> which most likely came from the configuration of that mailing
> list's software.
>
> You might find that you can reply-to-all and then delete the
> mailing list address when you want to reply off list.
>
> --Mike
> Web mail archive available at
> https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@trinitydeskt
>op.org

	That's what I'm thinking, too; it only seems to happen with that list.  I'll try setting
an additional action to fix it as mail comes in from there.
	But unfortunately, in Configure Filters... there is no way to refer to the content of one
header field (From) when changing another (Reply-To), and no DCOP actions at all for
filtering. :-(

Leslie
--
   Operating System: Linux