Re: Always this problem DCOP_SERVER with Bullseye

On 2022-01-07 20:52:37 James Leone wrote:
> One thing I found, for me, was that this behavior gets triggered by using
> the icon for the konqueror file browser, for browsing the file system as
> the root user, when logged in as the regular user.
>
> It does happen on opensuse Tumbleweed. So i ended up trying to find a
> different file browser to use as root, and although it does not trigger the
> issue for me, i can't copy paste into that alternative browser.
>
> So, if i need to administrate i log out as regular user, log in as root
> user.
>
> You will have to do that to change ownership of the files in the run
> directory.

	If you prefer using Konqueror (as I do), you might try invoking it from a Konsole root
session.  (Start Konsole, click and hold the 'new session' button at bottom left and
select Root Shell.)  I do 90+% of the things I need to do as root through a Konsole root
session, and when I want to start YaST2 or a root Konqueror instance I do it from that
Konsole session.

Leslie
--
   Operating System: Linux