Re: Strange tdm is not starting [SOLVED]

deloptes wrote:

> yes X says it is successfully shut down, but not saying why and honestly I
> do not understand.
>
> BTW I did create xorg.conf not explicitly for two displays, but because
> the one on the notebook was rendering falsely and there was a fix.
> Now the thing is that even when I remove the xorg.file and reboot it still
> does not work.
>
> I think I will try what suggested Michele ... but can do it in two weeks
> as I left the docking station 800km away from home.
>
> if you have any idea where to look ... might be something cached somewhere
> or written in the initrd or the systemd (oops).
>
> It is very strange for sure

I managed to fix it. It seems it was related to settings in the
administration mode in tderandrtray (enable local display control for this
session and automatically apply profile on startup)

So as soon as I had the docking station again and could login into TDE, I
went into tderadrtray and into the administration mode and disabled those
two settings.
Now TDM starts also when the docking station and the external display are
not connected.