Re: Wicd

ajh-valmer wrote:

>> no, because there is the tdenetworkmanager or equivalent tools
>> For me tdenetworkmanager works perfectly well on Notebook
>> or Desktop :
> Not so good than Wicd.

wicd == crap

>> > Interfaces are : GTK et ncurses, and Python language,
>> > and not sure, package from Gnome desktop.
>
>> GTK?!?! packages from Gnome desktop???? :
> I wrote "not sure", please, look above.

wicd is GTK, GTK == crap

>> thanks god, finally! :
>> I am on the contrary opinion
>> You have to confess your sins somewhere soon and clean up your soul
>> (joking)
>
> Everyone's taste is different.
> After all, there is no accounting for taste.
> Wicd is a jewel, convenient and easy to use,
> I'm disappointed that this tool has been discontinued since 2016.
> You are an extremist, you assert too much :-)

I see myself as pragmatic and purist. I am ready to compromise, but from
what I've seen coming from the Gnome corner it was always a disappointment.
The GTK apps I am using are 99% not Gnome apps.
For the record I used once wicd (I think it was 2008).

I do not understand why should tdenetworkmanager or NetworkManager itself be
bad.
It is actively maintained and works very well. I even used it to inspect
configuration of many servers in the past few years.

Of course it is your choice ... but saying wicd is cools is like saying a
FIAT model 1956 is cool. I agree it is cool, but belongs in the museum :)
I can only conclude you need an update ;-)

BR