Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

On Thursday 21 October 2021 02:58:59 Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 02:37:24AM -0700, William Morder via tde-users
wrote:
> > By the way, just rethinking an earlier email exchange with Steve
> > D'Arpano: That first testing email (sent to his private email address)
> > was not sent from a template, but was created from scratch. I filled in
> > all the fields by hand; the second testing email sent to him was also
> > from scratch. Yet only the first contained reference headers to Gene's
> > email, not the second.
>
> I only received one test email from you to my email address, and it did
> not contain the mystery Gene reference header.
>
> > So while myself or my email client, which is Kmail. are common
> > denominators, my email templates, at least in this instance, are not. I
> > deleted them anyway, since they will stay in my trash for a while and I
> > can always retrieve them or create new ones. But I don't think templates
> > are the problem.
>
> Can you send a new email, from scratch, to the TDE list please?

Actually, that last one was just such an email, and this one, too, even though
it *looks* like a reply. I created a new email, and filled in all the fields
by hand.

Also there were two others that I sent you: one beginning "I fell asleep" and
the other "And a little P.S.", where I prematurely declared that Gene's
reference headers appeared in both those emails. (It did in the first, so
naturally I assumed that it would be repeated in the second.)

That small detail doesn't support blaming my templates, and it makes no sense
that two emails, created in the same way, contain those big differences.

Bill