Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

I fell asleep after not receiving any replies for awhile. When I got up in the
middle of the night, I sent out a couple of test emails to Slavek and Steve,
but haven't heard anything else. I did view source for those emails, and they
seem not to contain the bothersome lines referring to Gene's email address.

Likewise I checked a few other emails that I had sent and received (other
persons, not part of the TDE list, nor person B that I mentioned previously);
these emails also did not contain those lines referring to Gene's address.

Also, this evidently started fairly recently, as earlier emails to these
persons and the TDE list *do not* contain the reference to Gene's address. I
haven't yet narrowed it down to exact dates, but it seems to be recent.

So far I am left to guess that the connection, if any, is limited to myself,
Gene, person B, and the TDE mailing list.

Now then, Dr Watson, what do you make of it? And please keep in mind that
Sherlock Holmes was not so thoroughly scientific as his latter-day followers
would like to pretend. We must do better.

Bill

Bill