Re: Fwd: adding webp support to kuickshow

On 2021/10/17 05:49 PM, deloptes wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:

Just posted the same thing to the tde-devel list. I put this on my "get
around to it" list on the suse-kde3 mailing list a few months ago. It will
likely take an addition to kdelibs (tdelibs), but I haven't picked though
the source to figure out where yet.

Anybody know offhand?

IMO webp needs to be added into the tdeio part of tdelibs and may be
kuickshow or some plugin to handle it. As I see there are libraries
available (in Debian).
However this is development effort that someone has to commit to. Knowing
the structure of TDE a bit, it would be possible to get into DEV (14.1),
but the question is still regarding the effort.
Usually the one that wants also does (at least from my experience) and
Slavek, Michele and others are friendly to help.

Regarding the other features it is again development effort and the same
applies here, although it is only part of extending kuickshow.

Hi David,
it hasn't been added AFAICT. If you want to have a go at it, we will be happy to provide feedback and do some testing.
Cheers
  Michele