Re: App no longer on TDE menu

said Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
| Anno domini 2021 Tue, 12 Oct 17:02:25 +0000
|
|  dep scripsit:
| > said Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
| > | What are these popups?
| >
| > They're the ones that have been discussed here before, in connection
| > with some script that runs and determines that my menu violates the
| > Helsinki accords or something.
|
| Did you run /opt/trinity/bin/r14-xdg-update as root? If not, try it.

The interesting part of the result:

Some Trinity profile R14 XDG compliance updates failed.
Check applications-tdemenuedit.menu for '<Filename>kde-' in
/var/tmp/tdecache-dep/r14-xdg-update-validation-test9.txt. The
r14-xdg-update script did not complete successfully.

The script will run with each login until all issues are corrected
(usually one more time is enough).

Please contact an administrator or take appropriate admininstrative
action should the problems persist for more than three reboot attempts.

The error code is 9.

Common failures include file and directory permissions.

(The only real effect that I can find is that Konqueror now no longer shows
files, and if I click on the home directory icon it throws an error
box: "Protocol not supported  file" and if I run Krusader I get a series
of error boxen, finishing with one that says mime types aren't installed.)

So.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album