Re: Please shuffle off with the off topic topics

On Saturday 09 October 2021 15:33:29 dep wrote:

> said Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
> | There is a IRC group, Slavek posted it som months ago:
> | https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@trini
> |tyde sktop.org/message/AYVTPKNNL7CHQBXZK64EMPULQ2ISAJEX/
> |
> | Host: irc.libera.chat:6697 (ssl)
> | Channel: #trinity-desktop
> |
> | You can use "ksirc-trinity" as IRC client - in fact, I just
> | instsalled it to give it a try :)
>
> There is also Konversation, though I've never gotten it to connect
> with anything.

I have used it, without problems to access places that don't have a
mailing list, like raspbian, which only has a forum. But wading around
in close to 1000 threads, looking for the info you need, is to me a
major pita.  Much much easier to ask a mailing list where everybody sees
it, and those who know answer fairly promptly. Forums, to be usefull
need a search algorithm that works, and whatever is being used at
raspbian doesn't work, returning almost random data. So, while it has a
search, but its about as usefull as the teats on a bore hog.

Since I only delete the junk mail, I've found that kmail, searching my
email corpus that goes back to 2002 for some lists, quite handy. Slow,
but that can be a 12 gigabyte search.
> --
> dep
>
> Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album