Re: Centralised EU censorship blocks mails !? - background info

On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 05:57:55PM -0700, William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> Then he fell into trouble with the "cancel culture" and Me-Too movement, etc.,
> because he said some things that were objectionable.

I think you mean "accurate". But to the woke, true and objectional are
synonyms.

I remember when it was the *right wingers* who proudly claimed that
reality was whatever they wanted it to be, and sneered at the "reality
based community" who cared about what was actually true and what wasn't.
How times have changed -- the so-called "left" now actively want
corporations to censor viewpoints other than their own, not
just "fake news" but *inconvenient truths*.

I'd much rather be sneered at by right-wingers than cancelled, censored,
smeared, banned, assaulted and arrested by neoliberal rainbow-haired
corporate faux-leftists.

> In any case, if he had
> thought twice about his words, he might have saved himself much pain and
> suffering, as his indiscretions got him removed

"Indiscretions" is an excellent word. It literally means *not discreet*,
that is, not respectful of secrects, not avoiding causing embarrassment.

The secrets to which I speak are things which everyone knows are true,
but polite society pretends are not, and gets embarrassed or shocked
when forced to confront those indiscreet facts.

For more on the long, repeated attempts to do to Richard Stallman what
they did to Eric Raymond, see:

https://geoff.greer.fm/2019/09/30/in-defense-of-richard-stallman/

https://www.wetheweb.org/post/cancel-we-the-web

https://libreboot.org/news/rms.html

Stallman is an actual anti-corporatist leftist, but he is still
respected and influential in FOSS circles, which is why he has to go. If
you are not suckling at the teat of megacorps, the woke want you
silenced, and they will lie and distort to do so.

--
Steve