Re: Centralised EU censorship blocks mails !?

On Wednesday 06 October 2021 16:35:20 you wrote:

> > RMS gets a bad rap these days, but he was right about one basic idea:
> > that our data ought never be collected in the first place. Once it is
> > collected, with or without our permission, whether it is legal or
> > illegal, then *somebody* out there will want it, and will have the means
> > to get it.
>
> Who is RMS?

Oh, sorry for the shorthand. [And apologies for accidentally sending to your
personal email!]

Richard Stallman, one of main persons behind GNU/Linux. (Or, he would probably
say, the *only* one, the sole creator ... ) You can discover more for
yourself, as there are a lot of pages out there either written by him or
about him. The FOSS or Open Source movement is rather a watered-down version
of his original idea.

He annoying at best, a jerk or asshole most of the time, and nowadays has got
himself a bad reputation, and some of it is deserved. He says a lot of things
that are, um, politically incorrect or worse. But he was right about this one
idea, which is that we must stop these problems at their root.

Bill