Re: tdm

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 11 Sep 12:28:43 +0200
 mb850063@xxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> hello,
>
> Installed Debian Bullseye with trinity Desktop on a Laptop 64bits.
>
> Without TDM, this is : starting the XWindows trinity desktop form bash with
> the startx command, there is no problem, I can start various Desktops using
> Ctrl+Alt+Fx, where x is 1, 2, 3,....
>
> If i enable TDM, i can only strat one session from TDM, keyboarding
> CXtrl+Alt+F1, i get the computer's starting log, with F2 or 3,..., i get a
> blank screen.
>
> On my i386 PC, i don't have the problem : with TDM installed, i still can
> access multiscreen desktop starts, for various users and also root login.
>
> Any hint ?

This is how X is supposed to work. Without XDM, you can do whatever you like. With any XDM/TDM/..., you have by default exactly one *DM which starts one X session (whatever that may be). When you configure your computer for multiseat/multimonitor/whatever, you can have multiple *DM managing different sets of hardware resources.

So if you want conlole by default and no *DM, then don't install (or unistall) *DM adn you'll be fine :)

Nik