Re: Sending Failed error

On 9/1/21 3:24 AM, J Leslie Turriff wrote:
On 2021-09-01 02:16:07 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
On Tuesday 31 August 2021 23:58:05 J Leslie Turriff wrote:
	I got the attached message (which doesn't allow copy/paste) when I tried
to send mail to devels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Leslie
--
    Operating System: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity

Click on *File* then *Send queued messages via* and choose your smtp email
provider. (I have several choices, but mostly I use zoho.com, and, only
rarely, gmail.) You may have to enter the password again for the
tdewalletmanager.

Now it ought to get sent; if not, try moving the unsent email from outbox
into drafts, reopen it (as if you were editing a saved draft) then try
sending again. Sometimes this happens for every email I try to send, for a
few days on end, sometimes it's just a couple. And then -- with no obvious
causes or explanations why it will or won't send -- everything goes back to
normal.

For myself, this has been going on for at least a year or two. It was
really frustrating at first, but now it's just becoming a routine
annoyance.

Bill
	Thanks.  This is the first time I've seen this one, so I didn't know what to do.  Merely
going into outbox and sending it again seems to have worked; at least, I haven't gotten a
message back after several minutes; the first time the message appeared in second(s).

Leslie

My (now prior) e-mail I used on this list was under GMX (Germany) and I had major issues trying to get my e-mails to the list. mail.com is a U.S.-based sister company to GMX.

A local Linux e-mail listserv I'm subscribed to, uses Mailman and I've been told by the listserv owner that it doesn't handle e-mail well from/to Yahoo/AOL addresses.

Ed

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.11-pre  -  Debian: 11 (amd64)