Re: About not so removable removable media

On Tuesday 31 August 2021 02:41:40 pm Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> If I untick "mounted removable media", then my micro-SD card no more
> appears, but then neither does my USB stick.
>
> I know how to find where it has been mounted, it's just inconvenient...
>
> I think there is no way to change that, I just wondered if anone had a way.
> For example, MacOS hides partitions with names starting with .

Hi Thierry,

I've had the same issue in the past.  I never solved it either :(

If a mount doesn't show on the desktop if name "starting with ." then you
should be able to do that and then symlink that to where you actually want to
mount it.  DuckDuck this the right syntax, but something like:

ln -s TARGET LINK_NAME

HTH,
Michael