Re: No Packages For Bullseye

On Wed August 25 2021 04:14:23 jakolineplayer--- via tde-users wrote:
> I'm using Debian 11 Bullseye, I followed the instructions at
> (https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Debian_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Ins
>tructions) and added the repos to my sources.list file then I imported the
> GPG key, but running sudo apt-get update gives me error 404 as seen below.
<snip>

Hi Jakolineplayer,

Sorry.  TDE Stable has not yet been released for Bullseye.  It is due
with the next TDE release about the end of October.

Preliminary Stable Build is available for Bullseye and I have briefly
tested it.  However PSB updates frequently so personally I prefer not
to install it on Debian Stable but a lot of people do.

If you want to try PSB IIRC you would have to use this in your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-sb bullseye
deps-r14 main-r14
deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-sb bullseye
deps-r14 main-r14

TTBOMK these are the Debian and derivative releases currently supported
by TDE Stable:

artful   buster  focal    lucid            raspbian-stretch  trusty   zesty
ascii    cosmic  groovy   precise          raspbian-wheezy   wheezy
beowulf  disco   hirsute  raspbian-buster  squeeze           xenial
bionic   eoan    jessie   raspbian-jessie  stretch           yakkety

And by TDE PSB:

ascii     bullseye  focal    jessie             sid       wheezy
beowulf   buster    groovy   raspbian-bullseye  stretch   xenial
bionic    ceres     hirsute  raspbian-buster    trusty
bookworm  chimaera  impish   raspbian-stretch   unstable

--Mike