Speak of the devil . . .

I did a regular softrware update on my boot drive -- the SSD
at /dev/sdc1 -- and got this:

Configuration file '/etc/grub.d/10_linux'
 ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** 10_linux (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

I did "D" but have no clue as to what is right here. After looking at it
for a few minutes and ending up no more enlightened than I was when I
started, I kept the default. The first line of the thing is

+# grub-mkconfig helper script.

It contains things such as

+# Default to disabling partition uuid support to maintian compatibility
with
+# older kernels.
+GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_PARTUUID=${GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_PARTUUID-true}

Ought I have let it install? It seems a bad idea, but that is totally a
guess.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album