Re: As long as we're here . . .

dep wrote:

> Yes, it is strange and yes, nothing pops up. As noted later, I have some
> but not all kernal sources going back more than a decade sitting
> in /usr/src, too. I'm just trying to imagine any conceivable reason I'd
> want them around. I don't think I have any hardware that's so deprecated
> that it would ever require resort to those things, nor any applications
> that recompile themselves and might need them.

they would not likely look for anything under /usr/src.
However your question was not about /usr/src, but about /boot (and I
assume /lib/modules)

Time ago before I started building with make deb-pkg ... or better
bindeb-pkg I had to manually clean too.
Now using make bindeb-pkg (may be with -j option) produces debs which are
managed by apt like each other package.

There is also very rear probability you would need old kernel, but it is up
to you to decide what to do with those