Re: Anybody here using an SSD?

On Saturday 07 August 2021 11:14:49 dep wrote:

> said Gene Heskett:
> | >
> | > Maybe you could remove that ozone-generator card from your system
> | > and your cables wouldn't be so sensitive.<g>
> | > --
> | > dep
> |
> | As one smartass to another, gladly if you can identify which one it
> | is. ;o)
>
> What? You don't have a dedicated ozone generator card? If you're
> relying on one of the all-in-ones that produce ozone, electrical
> noise, imtermittent power drops, and a high-pitched whine, well,
> there's your problem. Those things are supposed to be generated
> separately.

Well, pretty much all of that is all-in-one here, with a Generac label on
it, good for 20 kw running on nat gas, out in the back yard, with a 1500
WA ups insulating this box from such powerline shennanigans. It was
needed several years ago by the wife's oxygen generator as she had COPD,
finally losing that battle last Dec 7th, Pearl Harbor Day, which I as an
old fart, can remember from 1941. It was the first and last time I ever
saw my grandfather cry as we listened to the 6 oclock news on a battery
powered radio on a farm 10 miles from any commercial electricity. He
knew we were going to war, but at 7 yo, I didn't really know what "war"
was. But I sure found out.

Moral of this story is that you shouldn't try to out smartass a genuine
Senior Citizen, he just might out do you by telling the truth.  OTOH, at
86, I am used to being the Senior member of any mailing list I am
subscribed to. About 40 of them.  That, and activities normally
attributed to people half my age, all connive to keep me out of the
bars. Which is a Good Thing since we no longer have pills for some of
the stuff you can get after hours.

Take care now.

> dep
>
> Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album