Does this exist someplace?

Hi, everybody!

There's something I had with OS/2 that I haven't had since then despite
searching for it. Such a thing, if we had it for the various Linices,
would be pretty cool and pretty useful.

I paid ~$50 for a little OS/2 utility that let one fashion his own cursors
and mouse pointers (for the GUI, the WorkPlace Shell). Big whoop, right?
Ah, but . . . you could make them so they would be the *opposite* of
whatever they were over, even if they were over two or more different
colors. This made them tremendously visible and now, 23 years after
switching to Linux, I still miss them. Oh, and after a user-specified time
of inactivity, the mouse pointer, I-bar pointer, etc., would disappear
until the mouse is touched again. The program created the pointers; they
could then be put on machines that didn't have the program, and they would
work just fine on those (as long as they were running OS/2).

Does anyone know of a TDE-compatible mouse theme that does most of the
above? The switch to opposite color (I set it to work as greyscale,
because the oposite of verious colors can be awful, so it merely took the
luminance of whatever was beneath) is most important, though the auto-fade
would be great, too -- then one can select a position in text without
partially obscuring it.

If we don't have it, we should, though I do not know if it is possible
under any of the Linux desktops. Even 30 years ago, the WPS was pretty
sophisticated.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album