Re: Two usage questions hibernate / menu buttons

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Michele Calgaro wrote:

Ciao Gianluca,

1) if you use TDEPowersaver, there is an option to lock the screen before suspend (look at the general tab). This does not show up in the TCC.

Ciao Michele,

I installed trinity-tdepowersave and unchecked the box under "Lock screen before suspend or standby", but it does not seem to have any effect. It still locks the screen with both hibernate or suspend. Is there any configuaration file where I can check whether this is really set/unset?

On a separate note: suspend does not work well on this laptop and I may have to disable it.

On a separate note: I tried uninstalling KLaptop, most of its function do not seem to work except to monitor the battery. I tried uninstalling it but trinity-tdeutils depends on it, so I left it. I can hide its battery monitor since tdepowersave also offers one and I don't need two battery monitors. (I can always re-enable the battery monitor icon through ~/.trinity/share/config/kcmlaptoprc).

Best,

   Gianluca

Ciao Michele,

Sorry, I replied from my phone yesterday, which put strange indentations. Here it my response again.

I found trinity-tdepowersave in the repository. It's strange: I have KLaptop  in the tray, which I believe is also a Trinity package and shows battery status. Can you have both installed? I'll try it out. It's just strange that there are two applets (KLaptop and TDEPowersave) to manage power settings.

Ciao Gianluca,
I suggest you use tdepowersave which is integrated with the TDE hw lib. KLaptop is an extension for laptop functionalities, but not sure what is working and what not in it.

Cheers
 Michele

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.