Re: keditbookmarks & default browser

That is interesting. I just tried this and it is not what I see.
I have firefox set as default browser in TCC -> TDE Components -> Default Applications.
I open konqueror, go to Edit bookmark (which open keditbookmark), right click on a bookmark (which is a local folder),
select "open in Konqueror" and it actually opens in Konqueror, not in firefox.

What is different between my system and yours, Nik? TDE R14.1.0-dev here, on debian bullseye.

I made a dist-upgrade yesterday, now TDE is on 14.1.0~s785-0debian11.0.0+14~a, running on devuan chimaera. I'm quite sure it did not work that way 2 days ago. I also installed tde dev-packages today before testing. Firefox is set as default browser, too. I did the same as you: open konqueror -> edit bookmarks -> rmb on http or https entry -> open in konqueror -> firefox pops up with the desired url.

I went through the code and this is what it says there, too - tdeio/tdeio/krun.cpp|h, init function, does set the use the default browser when that is defined. Don't know if that code was in there before :)

Hi Nik,
now I understand what is happening. Web link bookmarks are opened in firefox, while local folder links bookmarks are opened in Konqueror. It's the same behavior if you use Alt+F2 and run the same links there, so basically the selected default application is used depending on the link.
How about we rename "Open in Konqueror" in keditbookmaks to simply "Open"?

Cheers
 Michele