Re: additional kmail issue

I've already made inquiry to the ProtonMail Bridge people. The bridge is a very big wad of stuff that encrypts and otherwise handles mail before sending it to ProtonMail. It on the Kmail end, it wants KMail to send the mail to 127.0.0.1, using a long, hashed password that the bridge generates. I've used it since early beta. I haven't heard back from ProtonMail, which isn't a surprise -- it's late Saturday in Switzerland. The bridge supports a very limited number of clients -- ProtonMail is primarily a webmail service -- and KMail is not among them, though setting up KMail to use it was fairly trivial, even in early beta. On the rare occasion it hasn't worked, it has thrown a message saying that it couldn't log in to 127.0.0.1 and the problem is probably the password, but restarting the bridge and KMail virtually always has fixed this. Now, though, there are no errors thrown -- it says there's no new mail even though there clearly is new mail, as witness their webmail and the ElectronMail client that accesses the webmail hooks.

I'd check a different account with KMail if I had any, but I don't.

OTOH, using ProtonMail's apps on, for instance, the iPad works normally.

dep
Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/