Re: [OT] WebRTC & other browsers

In answer to myself - and so that it's not lost:

Reserve card#0 for the 4th soundcard or snd_usb_audio - whatever comes first:

# /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
options snd_usb_audio index=0
options snd_hda_intel index=1,2,3

Now chromium still uses mic#0 of card#0 - which may or may not be the working virtual mic of the usb mic. In my case it's not a working mic, I have to select mic#1 of card#0. Anyway, it is fairly persistent and at least works across reboots in a consistent way - that is, till you have 2 snd_usb_audio devices or ... *sigh*

And for the record: I even tried pulsaudio - but as my workaround does not mention it you can safely assume that I did not have great success with that thingie.

Nik

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 5 Jun 14:02:23 +0200
 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp scripsit: