Re: [users] How to select the default soundcard ?

Anno domini 2021 Fri, 4 Jun 15:55:44 -0500
 Michael scripsit:
> On Friday 04 June 2021 03:06:43 pm Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> >  Borg Labs scripsit:
> > > [...]
> > > There is also a program called "default sound card" which will set it for
> > > you. The package name for pclo is "asoundconf & asoundconf-gtk"
> >
> > asoundconf-gtk requires GTK2, which is gone on chimera/debian11.
> >
> > BTW, anybody using WebRTC be preapared for a nasty surprise with
> > chromium_90: The only working mic is on your default soundcard aka #0. USB
> > mics don't work. You might want to keep chromium_89 till this is fixed.
>
> Huh, I thought WebRTC was a security hole and should be completely turned off?
> Here's the bit I've seen:
>
> "WebRTC allows websites to view your unique IP address and expose your
> identifying details, even if you are using a VPN."
>
> I guess if you don't care, but I'm a bit tired of G, FB, and the rest tracking
> everything everyone does...

Sure. Problem is, I need jitsi working. Big surprise after todays update: chromium is not able to select any mic but the one on card #0. All other devices get a "resource busy" error - which is absolutely useless. BTW. chromium_89 shows the same problem with kernel 5.10.40. But audacity works like a charm :(

Nik