Re: Odd behaviour of spam filtering in Kmail

On Wednesday 05 May 2021 11:06:14 am J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> 	Does anyone have suggestions as to why my spam filters in Kmail are
> marking almost everything as spam?  Is there a preferred position for the
> spam filters in Settings => Configure filters... (First/Last/Other in the
> list)?  (I currently have them positioned first.)

Hi Leslie,

Stick your spam filters at the bottom and put whitelist filters at the top in
the 'Available Filters' list.

It is also generally desirable if your filters all have this checked:

Advanced (tab) > "If this filter matches, stop processing here"

That way a completed filter (action) doesn't fall through and trigger other
filters that aren't relevent.

Best,
Michael