Re: BINGO! 64-bit!

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:20:32 -0700
William Morder via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Starting a new thread, because I caught a glimpse of where this is heading.
>
> Dig it: 64-bit. Whenever I've installed any OS, I never got the choice. After
> I heard from Nik or whoever that it looked to be 64-bit, I tried some 64-bit
> installation discs, but of course get the error message "wrong architecture".
>
> Bill
>
> lscpu
> Architecture:        i686
> CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
[...]
> Model name:          Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz

Intel's site confirms:  this is a 64-bit chip, although it's a fairly old one (launched 2007).

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33925/intel-pentium-processor-e2200-1m-cache-2-20-ghz-800-mhz-fsb.html

There is a small possibility that you have it installed in a mobo with some weird
incompatible BIOS, especially if the mobo is older than the processor.  Used
motherboards with the right socket type seem to be common and not too
expensive, though.

E. Liddell