Re: Spacing of desktop icons

I could swear I was able to do just that in the past when I was using
smaller displays than I am now (27").  Too, I was able to set the
spacing on a smallish netbook.  I just spent a little time trying to
find the setting I might have changed in Trinity Control Center and
no joy.  Maybe it'll come to me when I'm in the shower next time. :-)

I'm not sure it was KDE that offered it. IMO it was Windows XP :) ...
the last version I ever actually used - UT99 did not run on Liniux that days. Well, now it does :) I was told that M$ removed that "feature" from the newer version as well.

Windows does. And TDE will do soon thanks to some good work from Philippe (not yet merged to master)! :-)

Yes! Im'm looking forward to test it :)

Dear all,
thanks to the great effort from Philippe, we now have this functionality available in TDE (both R14.1.x and R14.0.x)
You can change the spacing between icons on desktop from the "Behavior" tab, with a minimum of 5 pixels.
The functionality works when icons are aligned to the grid and lock in place is disabled.
If enabled (again in Behavior tab), you can also use Ctrl + Mouse wheel scroll to change the settings directly from KDesktop.

For those on PSB/PTB, updated packages should be available soon.

Cheers
  Michele